Right nugget lovers. Have I got a recipe for you. Tender pieces of crispy baked chicken coated in sweet and savoury BBQ sauce, these bites are easy to make and oh so delicious.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can pair these nuggets with so many things. Baked chicken breast with a light dusting of panko breadcrumbs means that these homemade bbq chicken nuggets can be a regular on your menus, unlike their fried takeaway counterparts.
Sticky BBQ Chicken Bites Recipe
Homemade chicken nuggets are quick to make. Only 5 minutes prep and 15 minutes of cooking. I like to enjoy these nuggets for both lunch and dinners… you could even cut them smaller and make baked popcorn chicken for a snack! Trust me when I say you need this recipe in your life.
- Serves 2
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size peices
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp BBQ Sauce
Crème Fraîche Pasta
- 1 Knife
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 Pan
- 1 Pot
- 1 Garlic press
- 150 g Tagliatelle
- 1 Bunch of asparagus, cut into inch pieces
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 6 Slices of prosciutto
- 4 tbsp Crème fraîche (heaped)
- 1 Bunch of basil, chopped
- Put the pasta on to boil
- To a pan on low-medium heat add a little olive oil and cook the asparagus with the garlic until softened.
- Add the prosciutto ham, along with the crème fraîche. Heat this and reduce to a low heat. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan. Add the basil leaved and stir together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
What BBQ sauce to use?
For sauce lovers this is a dilema because there’s some serious choice out there. I personally love a sweet and smokey BBQ sauce. Whatever flavour profile you choose, I recommend a sauce that isn’t too thick. You want it to be a consistency that easily coats your chicken pieces. Should your BBQ sauce be a really thick one, you can add it to a bowl with a splash of water to loosen it up.
What to serve with BBQ Chicken Nuggets?
These are so unbelievably versatile they’re perfect for lunches and dinners. Here are some ideas:
- On top of stir fried veggies and noodles (as pictured)
- In a baguette with slaw
- In a salad bowl with Avocado, cucumber, chickpeas and tomatoes
- With coconut rice and steamed pak choi
- As a snack, dunked into Ranch or garlic mayo
Can you cook chicken nuggets on a BBQ?
Yes absolutely! And they will take on even more delicious smokey flavour. Add them to a foil dish (or a dish from the kitchen that you don’t mind going on the BBQ) and get the coals to the same temp: 170c. Place the nuggets on indirect heat, not over the coals directly, and cook with the BBQ lid on for 15 minutes. You might want to give the nuggs a jiggle halfway through cooking to prevent the underside getting too hot and burning.
Here are some more easy chicken recipes that you might enjoy:
Follow Girl Eats World
For more food content come and join the online Girl Eats World community! Don’t miss a recipe, giveaway or cooking news. I’m @jogirleatsworld across all social media channels.
Get the Girl Eats World Cookbook
Cook It, Eat It, Live It is a vibrant and varied collection of personal recipes straight from my own dinner table, to guarantee no more boring dinners.
You’ll find recipes to suit all seasons and appetites, with inspirations taken from British, Japanese and Caribbean cuisine. Recipes are punctuated with travel stories, food diaries and a personal philosophy for the every day joy that food can bring to life.